Saturday, December 02, 2006

A Question Regarding Rapid Hypnosis


I recently received a question regarding "rapid hypnosis." The Question was, "Is it possible to hypnotize a person quickly because I don't want to spend a long time hypnotizing."

Here is how I responded.

Rapid induction is possible but is used primarily in stage hypnosis.

On stage I never spend more than a minute or two hypnotizing a group of 16-40 volunteers.

The reason it works best in a stage environment, is because group psychology heightens the expectation of the volunteers. It takes practice and confidence to induce rapid hypnosis.

In hypnotherapy, rapid induction is useless, because your client will feel shortchanged if you attempt a rapid induction. Hypnotherapy clients need to bring down their stress levels so a slower process is best. Also, the slower process helps them overcome their fear of being hypnotized in the first place.

In working with a lone volunteer or someone to just practice with, it is best to hypnotize that person the long way first and then implant a posthypnotic suggestion of rapid hypnosis the next time around.

That being said, the more people you have on stage and in the audience the better your chances of rapid induction.

I do not offer free information on how to perform rapid induction but I show how to induce rapid inductions in my audio course and in live one-on-one training.

The audio course is located here:
http://www.wayneperkins.net/hypnosis/online.html


Good luck,

Wayne F. Perkins

Master Hypnotist Trainer



Learn how to hypnotize at homeHypnotism Education Website

"My mission in life is to help you achieve your mission in life."

2 Comments:

Blogger Family First Hypnosis said...

Hi Wayne,

Your blog looks very professional and I love the colors!

I just want to say that I use instant inductions in my hypnosis practice all the time and wouldn't do it any other way. I LOVE instants in a theraputic session because it leaves more time for Age Regression and working with emotions and helping the client overcome misconceptions from their past.

I also like them because it keeps an already drowsy client from falling asleep. Hypnosis isn't sleep and it isn't relaxation so progressive relaxation is not necessary as far as I am concerned.

I regularly get my clients into somnambulism in from four seconds to four minutes and instants are AMAZING. LOVE LOVE LOVE them!

Thanks for letting me ramble! Bless your work!
Celeste Hackett, CH
Family First Hypnosis, Dallas, TX.

6:34 PM  
Blogger Wayne F.Perkins said...

Celeste,

Thank you for writing.
It sounds like you are very adept at hypnotherapy.

I find that many students just want to use instantaneous hypnosis with no afterthought as far as a prescription or further examination using age regression.

I have found that when clients come in and know they can be helped with age regression, if you could just "regress back to a certain age in this life or in another lifetime," the age regression "ceremony" can be very short as they will instantly get to where you want them to go for healing.

In those cases I bipass any hypnotic induction and go right for the regression.

It is amazing to find that clients deep down really know what is wrong and exactly where you need to take them to overcome their problem.

Good luck in the future Celeste.

Wayne F. Perkin
Master Hypnotist Trainer

4:41 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home