Thursday, October 13, 2005

How long is a good hypnosis induction?


How Long is A Good Hypnosis Induction by Wayne F. Perkins
Many of my students have asked me over the years, "How long is a good hypnosis induction?"

Many students feel that the length of the induction if more important than the subject's mindset.

I have never been involved in any professional studies on the proper length of a good hypnosis induction.I don't know of any studies ever done in this regard. I guess that is true because responding to a hypnosis induction is a very personal thing. Some people will go deep into hypnosis from the introduction by the Master of Ceremonies, long before they go up on stage to be hypnotized. Other people will never respond to the hypnotist, even if he spends 8 straight hours with his client or volunteer.

In general I have found, that volunteers in a hypnosis demonstration will respond very quickly. This is due to the hype surrounding the show, the introduction, and the expectation of something exciting happening in just a few minutes.

On the other hand, during an hour hypnotherapy session, I expect to take a large part of that time, deeply hypnotizing my clients. I will use several short inductions during my hour long session, each time bringing my clients out of hypnosis to question them and pick up cues from them on "what to say" during subsequent inductions. This helps me find the right words to reach my clients and at the same time, allow them to go deeper into the hypnotic condition as they become more accustomed to the process.

Summary:

I use short inductions for show and long periods of hypnosis inductions for one-on-one clients. Good luck on all of your hypnosis inductions.

Do you want to learn how to hypnotize other people? Click here for my new audio hypnosis course or click here for my traditional one-on-one Master Hypnotist Training held in Arizona.

"My mission in life is to help you achieve your mission in life."--Wayne F. Perkins

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home