Friday, January 27, 2006

Was I Really Hypnotized?


“Was I Really Hypnotized?”


Do you want to be hypnotized or do you want your problem solved?
As a professional hypnotist or hypnotherapist you will be faced with this conundrum every day?

You will fix your client’s problem but they will respond after your session, “My pain is gone now, but I don’t really think I was hypnotized.”

Hypnosis is a state of mental concentration. It is no different than the concentration you experience when reading a book, watching an interesting movie, or listening to enrapturing music.

Many of your clients, however, feel that hypnosis is a magic condition where they lie unconscious while their brains are being rewired. They feel they should have no memory of the experience.

Once your client is away from your office and their usual distractions in life are in play, there is a good chance your hypnosis prescription will soon be forgotten.

Why does this happen? Study my articles on the four fear, and you will understand why this happens. Just because a person is in severe physical, psychological, or emotional pain, does not mean they really want to eliminate the pain, forever.

The keyword here is “forever.” As a therapist when first addressing your client, ask him or her, “Do you want to rid yourself of this condition, forever?”

Give your client a few minutes to respond. Then refer to the questions I outline in my articles about the four fears associated with solving your client’s condition.

Once you get the answer that your client wants this problem solved, regardless of the consequences, and then ask these questions.

“If I can help you overcome your problem forever with a process that doesn’t seem like hypnosis to you, do I have your permission to go ahead and use it?” “Will you then cooperate and use the system I outline for you?

You may be surprised by the answers you get. The answer you want to hear is: :”The most important thing is, I want to rid myself of this problem forever.” “Use any technique you wish to help me accomplish this mission.”

If you get any response other than that one, your client is not ready to solve a problem, they are just interested in feeling hypnotized.

Until you are able to find out what is holding them back from success and why they really don’t want the problem solved, you may not be successful with your hypnotic prescription.

Make a decision at this point whether you can help your client or not. If you cannot, be honest and explain that they are not ready for help. Tell them, you will be happy to help them achieve success once they are ready.

Summary:

Be careful of the client who says, “My problem is now solved, however I didn’t feel hypnotized.” “Your client may be looking for a chance to go back to the same destructive behavior, he came to you to exorcise. Uncover the fear that is holding him back from success. Obtain your client’s verbal permission to rid him of this problem using any technique available, even if it does not include hypnosis.

Wayne F. Perkins

Do you want to learn my system of hypnotizing other people? Try my online audio hypnosis training. Do you want to change your career? Become a professional hypnotist in just two days. Click here for information.

Now you can download hypnotherapy in the form of audio mp3 files at Hypnosis 911, "Hypnosis in a Hurry". You can listen to these on your computer or download to an iPod Click here for information.

“My mission in life is to help you achieve your mission in life.”—Wayne F. Perkins

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home