Wednesday, June 03, 2009

Question about hypnotizing over the phone


Hi Wayne,

I enjoyed looking at your website and especially the article on hypnosis
as a career.

I'm a hynotist and have worked in the field for years, do trainings
myself, etc. And I was interested in the fact that you said you do the
majority of your clients by phone.

I've done a bit of that myself and like you have had great results. But
I find it difficult to convince someone to do phone sessions as most
seem to really prefer in-person therapy. Would you have any advice on
attracting more phone clients to a practice?

Thanks for your time and any thoughts you might be willing to share.

All the best,

Steve Johnson


----

My Response:

Dear Steve,

Thank you for writing.

Yes, I do the majority of my sessions and trainings over the phone.

In fact, ALL of my sessions are conducted over the phone. I just don't find it profitable at all to conduct sessions in an office environment, (which I did for years) or sessions in my home, (which I did for years)

The effects of hypnosis are all in the minds of our clients. Their perception is the only one that counts in the end.

I used to try to convince my clients that phone sessions are the way to go, but as you are well aware, some people don't share that perception.

So, what I do is hand them off to one of my competitors who will gladly take them.

All of my clients now come from other places. I have clients on the East, Coast the West Coast, Australia, New Zealand, South Africa, and Germany.

When booking, (unlike in face to face), I always secure full payment in advance. That gives me the confidence to help my client, and secures their faith in me as a hypnotist and raises their expectation for success.

I pay for the call and call them on the appointed day if they live in the US. If they live overseas, they call me at the appointed date and time.

Since I have not found that face to face hypnosis works for me as a business model, I am glad to take this unprofitable segment of my business and pass it off.

It also give me a choice to discount the business if I want to , because it is only my time and a phone call rather than gasoline for my car and rent and utilities for an office. Some years I found that I was only funding my business address rather than putting money in the bank

Good luck,

Wayne F. Perkins
Master Hypnotist Trainer
Learn how to hypnotize at home
Hypnotism Education Website
www.wayneperkins.net
"My mission in life is to help you achieve your mission in life."



-----


Do you want to become a professional stage hypnotist or a working hypnotherapist?

Click here for further information or email me for information later.

Email me here for further details. Type in "Phone Hypnosis" on the subject line.
Send email to: wayne@wayneperkins.net




Sincerely,

Wayne F. Perkins
Master Hypnotist Trainer

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home