Wednesday, March 28, 2007

How Do I Use Hypnosis Convincers Over the Telephone

How Do I Use Hypnosis Convincers Over the Telephone

Question from Ian from Ontario, Canada

1) How do you deal with the person having to hold the phone to their ear and still relax completely?

Answer: A person can be extremely active and extremely hypnotize at the same time. If a person relaxes all of their muscles while being hypnotized, how can they possible sit in a chair? Their muscles in their legs and buttocks would turn to jello and they would slide on the floor. Many times on stage I see this happen to the amusement of the audience, however in hypnotherapy I have never had this happen.

However when I make my initial call I ask the person if he/she is on a handset or do they have ear buds or a headset. Many people, especially with cell phones have some kind of ear bud or headset.

If they are using a headset or ear buds that’s great if not I tell them to sit comfortably in a chair and get your arm holding the handset, in a comfortable position because you will be in that position for several minutes. I suggest at that time (pre-hypnosis) that the headset will feel light and manageable and you will be comfortable during the entire session.

Here is another question from Ian from Ontario, Canada

2) Since you cannot see the client, what convincers do you use, and how do you know if they were successful?

Answer: I tell my clients that during the time they are hypnotized they will be able to talk to me when I ask questions. This way when I use convincers I can ask my client can they open their eyes if I am conducting a test of their eyelids, or can they get their hands apart if I am using a hands clasping test?

If not, then I can say, “I am removing the hypnotic influence now."

I am not big on testing anyway, as I know that if the person rejects one simple test, he/she will reject the hypnotherapy all together, thus wasting my time and their time.

A Simple Phone Hypnosis Exercise...(test

One thing I do is an exercise to show that person how his mind is controlling his body. I will have him take the hand he is not using to hold the phone and have him stare at his hand as I give him suggestions. I suggest that soon the blood will start flowing to that hand and cause a slight twitch in a finger or fingers and that the veins will become more pronounced on his hands...etc.

Once he understands that he is creating changes in his body by using his mind, then I proceed with the induction.

If you listen to my hypnosis training you will see that I am huge on finding out what is holding this person back from success and identifying the four fears and overcoming those before I induce hypnosis. This is crucial to get permanent change and to avoid "symptom substitution."

In the old days, hypnotists would give their clients a free first session and use an eye sticking test...a heavy arm...iron bar arm, test and a hand levitating and touching the face test. If their client could not achieve success in any single test, the hypnotist would say, "Its impossible for you to be hypnotized," and send the person home. Sometimes they would add, "your mind is too strong to be hypnotized." You can not imagine how harmfull those words become for future hypnotists and/or psychologists working with these clients.

In the beginning of my career, many of my hypnotherapy clients came from hypnotists that operated that way.

Hypnosis is a state of mind and a state of concentration not a condition of eyes, arms and hands. It is the results of the therapy that counts regardless of the ceremony you create for clients.

I have had great success with people who never respond to stage hypnosis and have had terrible results with people who have been the best volunteers and experienced the deepest levels of hypnosis on stage. The key to success is finding out their deep seated and sometimes not so deep seated fears and overcoming them before a hypnosis induction is presented.

The real convincer for me and for them is the effect caused by the hypnotherapy...ie staying on a diet/exercise program, cutting down or stopping smoking, overcoming the fear of public speaking...etc. The hypnotist and the client must be working toward the same goal.

I NEVER work with individuals who say, "I just want to know what it feels like to be hypnotized." They can attend a stage hypnotist's performance and volunteer to "feel hypnotized."

My mission is to help them overcome a lifelong problem or overcome their fears...forever.

This can happen with or without hypnosis convincers.

Good luck,

Wayne F. Perkins
Master Hypnotist Trainer

www.wayneperkins.net

Do you want to learn my style of hypnotherapy and learn stage hypnosis at the same time.
Learn hypnosis by ear! Click here!

Would you like to learn how to hypnotize yourself or teach your clients and effective method of self-hypnosis? Click here now!

Do you want to start a new career and learn how to hypnotize people on stage? Click here for my Stage Hypnotist Mentoring Program.

"My mission in life is to help you achieve your mission in life."--Wayne F. Perkins

Labels: , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home